DIY (My texturized hair)

I did it! I must admit I was very nervous because I had never applied any kind of relaxer, perm or texturizer on anyone including myself. The results? Better than what I expected.

Again, I wanna thank my mother for always being an inspiration and a woman that has done it all on her own all her life. If it wasn't for her I honestly don't think I would have went as far as doing it all on my own. Now that I know I can do it, I will officially be my own beautician. I no longer need to head to a salon or allow anyone else but myself to manage my hair. I have learned so much in such short time.

No, I am not claiming to be an expert- I have a long way before I can apply that title onto myself. I do, however, pay close attention to the needs of my hair. I am learning my hair like never before and it feels good to know that I am the one in control now. Don't need any kind of influences on what I need to do with my hair. Which is what they do at salons. It was always "mami, you need a trim". I may need a trim but I wont go for it until I see that my hair is being affected by my dead ends. Meaning that if I do not experience breakage or excessive shedding there is no need for me to run and look for a scissor to trim or cut. My goal in this hair journey is to retain length. While I never ever had a problem with hair growth I did notice a pattern in my hair. At a certain length people would always suggest for me to trim, so that my hair can look and feel, and even be "healthy". I'm not going to head that route anymore. I will not have my hair on a "trim schedule" like most of us. If my hair needs it really bad, I will go for it, otherwise, I will proceed to do what it is that I have been doing to produce great results :)

Hope you all enjoy the video:



My family and friends thank you all for the continuous love and support!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

List of Silicone Free Conditioners (for Curly Girl Method)

Eco Styler Gel Olive Oil Wash and Go!

My Perfect Wash and Go!