My fake Blowout! (NO Heat)

Currently 8 months and 2 1/2 weeks post relaxer! I'm loving this fake blowout.... Its wonderful how I have been able to dodge my blow dryer and flat iron! Haven't even looked at those tools in over 8 months. Is it safe for me to say that I don't miss those hot tools? Well, I DON'T MISS THEM.

Here is how I achieved this simple look without the usage of a blow dryer- its so simple, its criminal. Here it goes:

Yesterday I co-washed my hair in two sections-after having co-washed my hair I proceeded to air dry my hair (scarf method) while it was still sectioned into two and braided up. I had my scarf on until this AM, before I decided to moisturize my hair with Motions hair lotion. After undoing my braids I proceeded to moisturize my hair and brush it with what appears to be a Denman brush (which is not, I bought one just like it at the 99 cents store and believe me it works the best in my hair). With the first stroke of the "Denman" brush I saw how it looked like a blowout style but I was still very unsure since the other side was still braided up. After having done the previous on both sides- I noticed how much it resembled a blowout! Do keep in mind that I am transitioning, so maybe that helped a lot in achieving this look--  I wonder if I will be able to pull this off once all of my hair is in its natural state.

Here is the ONLY product and tool that I used:
 This is my very first time using this moisturizing lotion- so far so good :)
So, there you have it- My fake blowout. Now didn't I say this was very simple? And just like that *snaps fingers* I achieved this blowout look with NO HEAT whatsoever!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

List of Silicone Free Conditioners (for Curly Girl Method)

Eco Styler Gel Olive Oil Wash and Go!

My Perfect Wash and Go!